Chegg is a publicly-traded American education company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. Chegg offers its stakeholders textbook rentals in both print and virtual formats, home coursework, online tuition classes, scholarship opportunities, and a variety of other student services features. However, if you decide that you no longer require these services and wish to deactivate your Chegg membership, you will be paying the bills and invoices as membership fees out of your pocket, leaving you with an empty wallet.
However, if you want to deactivate a Chegg membership, you can read this article to learn how to do so based on the devices you used at the time of premium membership and through various methods.
What Exactly Is Chegg?
Chegg was established in response to the detrimental effects of the cutthroat publishing industry on all academicians. As a result, the founders wanted to provide students with a variety of valuable resources to assist them. Among these were tutoring subscriptions, financial aid, and a variety of other educational resources. So Chegg grew in popularity because it was able to help students succeed academically even if they were on a tight budget. Their textbook rental service is perhaps the most praised, as it provides low-cost digital and physical textbooks.
How Do You Deactivate or Terminate Your Chegg Membership?
If you are a registered user of the service but no longer require it, suspending it will be simple. You will not be charged any fees, and there will be no contracts. If you decide that you no longer want to pay for Chegg, you have the option to cancel.
Here are some different approaches you can take:
Terminating Your Chegg Tutors Subscription
The termination process for a Chegg Tutor subscription varies significantly from that of other Chegg memberships because you must deal with the number of teaching minutes in sets.
To deactivate Chegg Tutor memberships, follow the steps below:
- Using your preferred browser, ‘Sign in’ to your Chegg subscription account.
- Then, on ‘My Account,’ go to the settings.
- Now, select the ‘Orders’ option.
- Next, in your Subscription tab, select the ‘Edit Plan’ option next to the ‘Chegg Tutor’ plan.
- Then, change your Chegg Tutor subscribers to the pay as you go option to cancel your recurring payment.
- However, if your tutoring period remains unused at the time of termination, you will lose access to the tutoring minutes and will be able to request a Chegg termination membership refund. Send an email to the Chegg company requesting that they replace the remaining tutorial minutes or refund your payment to your account.
How Do I Cancel My Chegg Subscription?
The following are the various methods for canceling your Chegg subscription:
Cancel My Chegg Membership Using Its Official Website
- To cancel your Chegg subscription, use your preferred web browser to go to the Chegg official website of the company on chegg.com.
- Now, use the required credentials to ‘Sign In’ to your Chegg membership account.
- Next, go to the ‘My Account’ settings page.
- Now navigate to the ‘Orders’ section.
- Select the ‘Subscription’ tab.
- Following the Chegg app, if you want to cancel, tap ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- Please explain why you are canceling.
The company will send you a confirmation email after you deactivate your Chegg membership.
Even if you deactivate your Chegg subscription fee, you will have access to the app’s services and features until your payment cycle ends.
Cancellation of Chegg Study Premium membership by Phone
To make changes or terminate your Chegg membership, it always appears to be simple to do so over the phone.
You can terminate your membership by calling @1-855-868-1054 and speaking directly with a Customer care support representative. To deactivate the membership, give the representative all of the details and information needed for Chegg’s study.
On iPhone, How Do I Cancel My Chegg Study Membership?
- To cancel your Chegg membership, please follow the steps outlined below.
- First, open the iTunes app or the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- To gain access to your Apple ID account, click on the name tab.
- Click the Apple ID at the top of your display screen.
- Sign in with your Apple account ID to open your Apple ID.
- Then, in the ‘View Apple ID’ section, click the ‘View Apple ID’ button.
- Look for the ‘Subscriptions’ tab and click it.
- Now, go to Membership and select the membership you want to deactivate as a ‘Chegg Study.’
- Turn the ‘Auto-Renewal’ button to the ‘Off’ position.
- Tap the Save or Done button.
You can go directly to the Apple customer support sheet for any device-specific questions about managing your memberships.
How To Deactivate Chegg Study Membership When Purchased On Mobile Through Google Play
To deactivate your Chegg membership on Mobile, follow the steps outlined below:
- To begin, go to your Google Play Account via the Google Play website on play.google.com or through the Settings menu on your Android device.
- Select the ‘Subscriptions’ option in your ‘Settings’ section.
- Then select the ‘Chegg’ app.
- Tap the ‘Cancel’ button, and then confirm your Chegg membership termination.
- Click the Cancel button.
Canceling Your Chegg Free Free Subscription
Chegg provides its users with a one-month free trial.
If you want to deactivate the Chegg free trial, you can do so by following any of the above-mentioned procedures, depending on where you made your membership, but make sure to deactivate the Chegg account free trial before the billing cycle begins, so you don’t get charged for the Chegg membership fee.
Terminating Chegg Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a quick and easy way to deactivate your Chegg membership.
This app will assist you in canceling your subscription quickly.
This app allows you to deactivate your membership in the following ways:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the DoNotPay application.
- If you downloaded the app to your phone, you can also access the phone version.
- Then, look for and select the “Find Hidden Money” option.
- In the blank field, type “Chegg” to identify the service.
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you used to register for the service.
It will inform you that your Chegg membership termination was successful.