Numerous people have subscribed to the Showtime television network, which has a plethora of entertaining offerings for those who enjoy watching shows in their spare time. If you have a subscription with them, you should consider canceling it. You may be dissatisfied with the service’s offerings, or your favorite show may have ended, in which case you no longer require the subscription. In this situation, how do you cancel Showtime on Amazon? The answer is provided in the following paragraphs.
How to Deactivate Showtime on Amazon Prime
If you’ve decided to cancel Showtime, you should know that there are four different ways to do so through Amazon.
Here are some options for canceling Amazon Prime Showtime:
Using the Amazon Website
You can deactivate memberships on Amazon because the website makes it very simple. All you have to do is go to Amazon.com and cancel your subscription. You can find the service’s memberships there, so dealing with them from the same platform is a breeze.
If you want to cancel your Showtime membership, follow these steps to do so successfully:
- Go to amazon.com in your browser.
- Access your Amazon account.
- Then, hover over the “Accounts and Lists” option.
- It’s in the upper right corner of the page.
- Then, navigate to your account settings.
- Select the Membership and Subscriptions tab.
- Then choose Prime Video Channels.
- Locate the Showtime subscription in the channels list.
- Then, select “Cancel Channel.”
- The button is located directly next to the premium membership.
Within the Amazon App
Another simple method is to use the Amazon application. The shopping app allows people to change subscriptions, which is convenient for those who use Amazon through their phones and prefer to navigate the app rather than the website.
These are the cancellation procedures you must follow:
- If you haven’t already done so, download and install the Amazon app on your phone.
- Now, if you don’t already have an account, create one or log in if you do.
- Sign in with the correct Amazon account information.
- Then, on your screen, tap the menu icon, and then select the “Your Account” option.
- After that, select “Membership and Subscriptions.”
- Select “Don’t See Your Subscriptions” if you don’t see any active memberships on your screen.
- After which, a window will appear on your screen, displaying all of your subscriptions.
- Next, select “Channel Subscription” and then “Prime Video Channels.”
- Look for the Showtime membership.
- Next, click the “Cancel Channel” button.
- It is located beneath the subscription.
- Your subscription has been terminated.
Using an Email
Not everyone is effective in canceling their Prime Video membership. Many people discover that they can only cancel their Showtime membership through Amazon’s website or app. However, if you have Amazon Prime, the entire process can be quite confusing. If you find yourself in this situation, you may be at a loss for what to do. Not to mention the possibility of encountering issues when attempting to cancel using the application or the website.
Fortunately, all hope is not lost. You can still cancel if you want, and you can do so via email. All you have to do is send an email to Amazon’s customer service team.
- Navigate to the Amazon customer service portal.
- Go down to Help Topics and select Need More Help. Choose Contact Us.
- It should be easy to find on the right side, where the topics are.
- When asked to describe the problem, use the “Prime or Something Else” option.
- Scroll down until you reach the Tell Us More section, and then select the following options from the drop-down boxes:
- Change Prime auto-renewal settings in Prime – Subscription Management.
- Scroll down until you see “Or, talk to someone,” then click the email button.
- There should be a message box that appears.
- Send an email to customer service and request that your Showtime subscription be canceled.
- Next, send the message.
- A representative will contact you within a few hours to assist you with the cancellation process.
On the phone
You can also contact Amazon customer service by phone if you want things to move more quickly. This is useful if you are having issues with online cancellations or don’t want the process to be so lengthy and complicated. All you have to do is dial 1-888-2804-331 and speak with an Amazon representative. Inform them that you would like to cancel your Showtime subscription.
How do I get rid of my Amazon Prime Showtime trial?
Maybe you have a free trial of Showtime on Amazon Prime because you wanted to try out the service before committing. However, you may be dissatisfied with it and decide not to continue using the service. So you decide to cancel the subscription before the trial period ends to avoid being charged for the following month.
Here’s how to cancel your Amazon Prime Showtime free trial:
- Launch your browser and navigate to Amazon.com.
- After that, sign in to your account.
- Select “Accounts and Lists” from the menu in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Then navigate to the settings screen.
- After that, select Subscriptions and Memberships.
- Then choose Prime Video Channels.
- Look in this section for your Showtime premium membership.
- There should be a Cancel Channel button there.
- Tap on it to end your free trial.
FAQ on Cancelling Showtime on Amazon
Here are some frequently asked questions about canceling Showtime via Amazon:
Is Showtime included in Amazon Prime?
If you sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime, you can watch Showtime for free.
Of course, this is only available for a limited time.
The subscription is free for the first 30 days.
Will I be refunded if I cancel Showtime?
There will be no refund if you cancel Showtime.
You can, however, continue to use the subscription until the current billing period expires.
Why am I unable to cancel my Showtime subscription?
Cancellation of the premium membership is possible via mobile or PC.
You simply need to log into your account, click on the profile icon, and then select “Account settings.”
Then, tap “subscriptions” and then “Cancel Your Subscription.”
If I cancel Amazon Prime, what happens to my Showtime premium membership?
Even if you deactivate Amazon Prime, you can still access all of your previous purchases.
At the same time, you will no longer have free access to your prime videos.