LG TVs has of late earned popularity for delivering the most decent TV on the market when compared to other brands. The company gives a series of new technology TVs such as the 4K TVs and OLED models. LG are the innovators of OLED TVs, which are the greatest players in the market as they have enhanced characteristics.
Each of the models in their lineup feature has an inbuilt sound system to transmit a cinema-like experience. Most of their criteria feature has an IPS display that boosts the viewing ability of your screen in whatever the viewing position might be.
They also have unique characteristics that you to switch between programs and apps and also connect easily with external devices.
LG products have a high quality and last for a relatively long time with little or no difficulties. Their price is low if compared to other brands and somewhat easy to find.
Their TVs offer great pictures, and great sound, and are more reliable and user-friendly.
If compared to other brands, LG TVs have wonderful viewing angles that are ideal for larger living rooms and have an incredibly smart platform.
However, with the protection of OLED models, many LG TVs have regular picture clarity as they don’t have great blacks.
To use an LG Tv without a remote can be so annoying as you won’t be able to access a lot of amazing functions. Statistics have shown that 95% of Users watching Tv without a remote don’t find it close to pleasant.
Even a very simple task of changing the input of your Tv will become uninteresting and time-consuming.
Even though you can get your hand on many of its functionality, they are still several ways of changing your LG TV Input without a remote.
How to change the input on LG Tv without a Remote
One of the major ways to use your LG TV without a remote is by having the official LG app on your phone and connecting it to your Tv.
These apps function over Wi-Fi. Both the Tv and the phone need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi to confirm that the app functions appropriately.
Other apps that can control your LG TV
You can use various applications to control your LG TV using your phone. The major application suitable for use is the LG ThinQ and the LG TV Plus apps.
Nonetheless, you can use some other applications which include:
- The Amazon Fire TV app. To use this, you will need the Fire TV Box
- The Universal TV remote app only works on phones with the IR blasters
- The Android TV remote that works with Android devices over Wi-Fi
To change your LG input without a remote, you can either use the LG ThinQ app or LG TV Plus app, you can also choose to connect your LG Tv with a wireless mouse or navigate through the menu using your Xbox.
Ways of changing LG Tv input without remote
Manually Change The Input
- The input settings of your LG Tv can be changed manually by long-pressing the power button.
- This will automatically open the inputs menu. Repressing the power button again will change the input menu selection.
- Once you get on the input of your choice, you would long-press the power button again to change it
Use A Mouse To Change Inputs
This may sound shocking believe me you can use a mouse to control your LG Tv
The procedure is very easy and you will be astonished to see the outcome you had vet by using a mouse
You can use either a wireless or a wired mouse depending on your comfort. Nevertheless, a wireless mouse will be more efficient.
Here are things you need to do when using a mouse to change your LG TV’s input:
- First, you will Insert the mouse detector in any of the USB ports on the TV then turn on the Tv
- Open the input menu, by pressing the power button on the TV.
Start navigating through the menu using the mouse.
Change Inputs Using The ThinQ App
The ThinQ app is one of the most essential and easiest ways of using your LG Tv without a remote.
ThinQ app is the LG Tv’s official application which is available on both Play Store and the App Store for Android and IOS users.
The following steps will help you to change the input using the LG ThinQ app
- Install the LG ThinQ application on your phone.
- Turn on the TV.
- Open the app to add your LG Tv to the app using the ‘+’ sign on top of your phone screen.
- Then select the model of the TV in the home appliances category and enter the verification code that pops up on the TV.
- After the TV is successfully connected to the app, you can now use the menu on the app to change the inputs.
Change Inputs Using the LG TV Plus App
LG Tv Plus is also an official application that you can connect with your LG TV to control.
These are the steps that you need to follow:
- First, Install the application.
- Turn the TV on.
- Then Connect the TV and the phone to the same Wi-Fi.
- Open the app on your phone.
The app will detect the TV, then pair the two devices.
- After that, enter the Pin you see on the TV screen in the app.
- Then press the Smart Home button on the app.
- This will display the TV menu, go to the inputs menu and choose the desired input.
You can also use Xbox one to change the LG Tv input
Below are the procedures you need to follow:
- Turn the TV on and connect it to the Xbox.
- Scroll to Xbox settings.
- Scroll to TV and choose OneGuide Menu.
- Scroll to the Device Control and select LG.
- Choose Automatic.
- Go down to Send Command from the prompt.
- Choose “Xbox One turns on and turns off my devices.”
- Then press the power button on the TV and use the controller to go through the settings.