On Groupon, users may find attractive bargains on everything from food to gym memberships. Though you may wish to remove your account if you want to close down some unneeded accounts and no longer utilize Groupon. Perhaps a family member or friend has passed away, and you’ve been tasked with removing their different digital accounts.
In any case, keep reading if you’re wanting to remove a Groupon account but aren’t sure how. This guide will show you how to remove your account as well as how to have someone else’s account deleted by Groupon.
Why You Might Want to Get Rid of It
Groupon is an online marketplace that allows people to buy coupons from their website and use them in their local area to get discounted goods or services. This can be beneficial to both businesses and individuals. Groupon, on the other hand, is well-known for its inbox-spamming practices.
The corporation isn’t to blame because it is bargains and discounts that keep the wheels turning. This, on the other hand, might be nothing short of an inbox flood for you.
Consider whether you’ll require Groupon in the future. Consider alternate solutions if you think you’ll need your Groupon account in the future. To cease getting emails from the company, for example, you don’t have to delete the account. While deleting your account may be a nuisance, managing your email subscription is quite simple.
Simply go to groupon.com and sign in (you can also go to this website through every email you receive; the link is usually near the bottom of the email). To access your Account Settings and travel to My Email Subscriptions, sign in and click your name in the top right corner of the screen.
Go through the email list and uncheck the boxes next to any email types you don’t want to receive. Simply uncheck all boxes if you wish to unsubscribe altogether. That’s all there is to it!
You will no longer receive Groupon emails once you’ve done this.
Permanently Deleting Your Groupon
If you want to delete your Groupon account for whatever reason, it will take some time. You’ll have to submit a deletion request and wait for it to be approved. However, you should have no problems here because Groupon is almost guaranteed to confirm your request and delete your account entirely.
There is no direct “delete account” option on Groupon’s website. No matter how hard you look, you won’t find it. Whatever the reason for the lack of a feature that most other websites have, you’ll have to dig a little more here.
To get started, go to https://www.groupon.com, which is the service’s official website. Log in to your account, but skip the Account Settings section this time. Instead, go to the Help page and use the drop-down menu to select Other Questions. Press Enter after typing Delete account in the appropriate text field.
In the next box, you’ll see the question “Did this solve your problem?” and two options: Yes, that solved the issue; nevertheless, I still need assistance. Select the latter option. The Contact Options section follows, with the live chat option being the most recommended.
Unfortunately, the fastest and quickest way to remove your Groupon account is to contact them via live chat. Now, select Live Chat from the drop-down menu. Tell a customer support person that you want your account terminated once you’ve reached out to them
You May Prefer this Option
Some consumers may be put off by the Live Chat option. This is typical, and there are other, more convenient solutions available. These options, however, may take longer.
You can send an email to Groupon with your deletion request if you pick Email Groupon under Contact Options. Keep in mind that Groupon may take a few business days to review your request and respond.
Request a Call is another viable alternative that will take longer than Live Chat but much less time than email.
In 5 simple steps, you can delete your Groupon account.
- Access your Groupon account.
- The first step is to open your web browser and navigate to www.Groupon.com. Next, click Sign In in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Fill in the “Email” and “Password” boxes by clicking on each one and typing in the required information. Then press the large Sign In button.
- Go to the Groupon help page. From the menu at the top of the screen, select Help. Explain that your problem is unrelated to a specific Groupon order.
- If you have previously purchased a Groupon, you will be asked if you require assistance with your most recent order. Instead, select My Question Doesn’t Concern an Order. Request that your account be closed and indicate that you require additional assistance.
- On the next screen, click in the “Tell Us What’s Going On” box and type “delete account” (or something to that effect). Click on Deactivating Your Groupon Account if it appears as a suggested help topic.
- Instead of deleting your account, Groupon will suggest some alternatives, such as unsubscribing from Groupon’s emails or removing payment options from your Groupon account. If you still want Groupon to delete your account, choose No, I Still Need Help.
- Select a method for contacting Groupon customer service for assistance in closing the account.
- You will be given some suggested contact methods for contacting a Groupon customer service representative. You can select one of the recommended options by clicking one of the links below the recommendations, or you can try a different way to connect by clicking one of the links below the recommendations.
- From there, you simply need to explain your situation to the customer service representative on the other end, and they should be able to assist you in closing your account.
How to Reactivate a Groupon Account After It Has Closed
If your Groupon account was deactivated because you hadn’t used it in a long time, you can reactivate it. Whether you’ve changed your mind or simply want to clear the air, the only way to contact Groupon is through their customer service department.
Fortunately, this means that the process isn’t all that different from having your account closed. Here’s what you should do:
- Go to Groupon.com and look for the customer service section. You don’t have to worry about logging in because you no longer have an active account. Simply go to Groupon’s home page and click the Help button in the upper-right corner. State that you’d like to ask a general Groupon question.
- Once in the customer support section, click the “Click Here” link beneath “I Don’t Have a Groupon Account” to access Groupon’s help wizard without logging in.
- Inquire about reactivating your account, and then state that you require additional assistance.
When you’re in Groupon’s help wizard, type “reactivate account” in the “Tell us what Going On is” box (or something to that effect). You should see a suggestion to Reactivate Your Account.
Clicking it will explain why your account may have been deactivated and that you must contact customer service to address the matter, as shown in the screenshot above. Proceed by clicking No, I Still Need Help in the lower-right corner.
Select a contact method for requesting that Groupon assist you in reactivating your account.
Groupon will show you some suggested methods for contacting someone in their customer service department. Click a recommended option to go with it, or one of the other options below the recommendations if you want to try something else.
Whatever you choose, just explain that you previously had a Groupon account and want to reactivate it. The customer service representative on the other end should be able to assist you with this (though the timing may vary based on your contact method choice).