You may be familiar with Instacart, but you may not be aware that you can cancel your account at any time. It’s quite simple to do, and there are a variety of reasons why you might want to. One of the most popular grocery delivery applications is Instacart. It was started in 2012 by a former Amazon employee who was seeking for a solution to simplify and streamline grocery buying.
Use Instacart to order groceries online and have them delivered to your home. It is extremely convenient, but it is also extremely expensive, which is why most people do not use it.
Instacart now has over 500,000 users, with more than 20% of those being active monthly shoppers. In this guide, I’ll show you how to easily delete your Instacart account.
Let’s get started without further ado!
How to Delete an Instacart Account
It is simple to delete your Instacart account. Simply send an email to the Instacart customer support team explaining why you want to delete your account. Following receipt of an email, Instacart will delete your account and all associated information.
You can also get in touch with their help desk for more help. Whatever the reason, following these steps, will allow you to delete your account with minimal fuss. You must first log in to your Instacart account to delete it. Account should be selected, and then “Manage Account” should be clicked.
On the left-hand side of the screen, select “Edit Profile.” Select the “Unregister” option. When you select this option, you will be taken to an account settings page. You can change your registered email and password on this page. Click on the “Forgot Password” link to change your email address.
This will take you to the profile settings for your account. Once there, you can create a new one. There are several ways to delete your account on Instacart. You can do this using either the website or your smartphone.
Using Instacart, how can I order groceries?
You can also cancel your Instacart express subscription and keep your account for future purchases. To delete your account, follow the guidelines in the email. You will receive a confirmation message and will have the option to close your account at any time.
If you do not want Instacart to store your information, contact the company directly and ask for assistance. They will help you with your request. If you can’t remember your password or want to delete your account, you can do so by emailing Instacart.
You can access your account settings from here. If you do not want your information stored on Instacart, you can delete your account by selecting the “Forgotten password” option. You can also delete your Instacart account if you do not have a password.
You must first log into your Instacart account before you can delete it. Select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu. You’ll be asked to provide a reason for deleting your account. By clicking on the username or email address, you can choose to remove your information.
Instacart Deletion Procedures
You’ll be able to access your purchases and other information from the app after you’ve deleted your Instacart account. If you want to delete your Instacart account and find a way to answer questions like “how to delete your Instacart account”, “how to delete my Instacart account”, or “how this is the place to be if you want to delete your Instacart account.
- To begin, go to the Instacart Help Center.
- Log in to your account and navigate to the contact us section.
- Scroll down and select the My Account option.
- I still require assistance.
- Click here to start a conversation with us. You will speak with a customer service representative, and you will be able to close your account.
- You must first deactivate your Instacart account from the website before you can delete it. You will receive an email confirming your order and canceling it. If you decide to cancel your account later, you can delete it through the Instacart app or website.
How to Get Rid of an Instacart Account Through the Instacart website
Members of Instacart have the option to cancel their subscription at any time. If you haven’t signed up for Instacart Express yet, you can keep your account without paying a fee. To continue using Instacart, you must sign up for the service.
Follow the steps below to delete your Instacart account from the Instacart website:
- Launch your web browser on your computer.
- Go to the Instacart Help Center website.
- From the Contact Us page, sign in to your account.
- Then, scroll down and select My Account.
- Tap on I still requires assistance.
- Select Chat with us. Depending on the volume of customers in line, you may have to wait a while before connecting to an Instacart customer service representative who will assist you in permanently deleting the account.
When your account closure request is approved, you will receive a refund to the bank account associated with your account. Then you can check your account to see if it has been deleted.
Instacart account name, email address, and linked phone number are some of the details required to close your account.
Once you’ve notified the company, the process usually takes about 72 hours.
Using the App, Delete an Instacart Account
Using the app, you can cancel your Instacart account. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account by opening the Instacart app.
- Select the three-line bars in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Click on Instacart Express Find Cancel Membership.
- You will be notified; click Continue to cancel your Instacart account.
That’s right! Your Instacart account has been deleted successfully.
How to Delete an Instacart Account Over the Phone
You can cancel your Instacart membership by contacting the company’s customer service team. Simply call Instacart at 1-888-246-7822 and ask to cancel your account.
They will need to see your full name, email address, and cell phone number to begin the process.
If your Instacart account is canceled, you will be alerted via SMS on the mobile number you provided.
Canceling an Order Using the App
Instacart is extremely adaptable. With a mobile app, you can quickly browse products, add them to your cart, checkout, and cancel orders.
The app is also simple to use.
Here’s how to use the app to cancel an Instacart order:
- Sign in to your Instacart account after launching the app.
- Select My Orders.
- Then, tap on the order you wish to cancel.
- After that, confirm the order cancellation.
Congratulations!!! Your Instacart order has been canceled successfully.
If you used a prepaid debit card to make transactions, you’ll have to wait a while for your money to be refunded.
The card issuer (the bank) determines whether to conduct the refund or reverse the transaction when it comes to refunds. The refund should return within 10-30 days of the payment, but in some cases, it may take a little longer.
Things to Keep in Mind When Cancelling an Order
- You will be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel your order while it is in the shipping process, and you will receive a refund in your account.
- A member can’t cancel an order that is currently being processed on their own. To cancel the order, you will need to contact Instacart customer service.
- You won’t be able to cancel an order that has already been processed on the website or the Instacart app. You will need to contact customer service to cancel this order.
- If you don’t want to keep your Instacart Express trial version, cancel it within the first 14 days.
- If you no longer wish to use Instacart Express, make sure to terminate your free trial within the first 14 days. Remember that Instacart will change your free trial to a premium membership and charge you for the subscription on the 15th day. The fee for your membership will be deducted from your linked bank account or credit card.
Instacart will charge you a cancellation fee of up to $15 if you cancel your purchases before they are delivered. Only when the order is canceled will the cost be charged.