Peacock is one of several apps that can be installed on a Roku device or a Roku-enabled smart TV. Installing Peacock on a Roku isn’t difficult, and it’s no different from installing other apps on the device. In reality, there are two ways to download Peacock on a Roku, allowing viewers to choose the best solution based on their location and device.
For those seeking a streaming device, Roku remains a popular choice. This isn’t surprising, given the wide range of Roku players on the market, with costs starting at $30. On the other end of the spectrum, there are the Roku OS-enabled smart TVs. These gadgets often described as Roku TVs, are made by third-party makers and differ in terms of capability, service, and cost.
The basic operating system works the same whether you have a Roku device or a Roku TV, including when downloading an app like Peacock. Although there is no meaningful difference at the user level, Roku refers to apps as “Channels.”To get the Peacock app/channel on a Roku player or TV, go to the Home screen and search for it using the search icon.
How to Download and Install the Peacock Roku App
If your Roku device supports Peacock TV, getting and activating the program is as straightforward as installing the software any other Roku channel. It’s available immediately on your Roku from the channel store (you may even see it in the featured channels section).
To get Peacock TV on your Roku, follow these steps:
- Press down on the remote until you reach Streaming Channels from the Home screen.
- Continue to push the remote’s buttons until you see Browse Channels.
- Using the on-screen keyboard, begin inputting Peacock TV.
- When Peacock TV shows in the search results, click it.
- Peacock TV is the channel to watch.
- Add a new channel by selecting it.
- Choose OK.
- Select Change the channel.
- If you don’t have an account yet, sign up for one for free, or login in if you already have one.
- Select sign in or sign up after entering your email and password.
- Peacock TV will be accessible on your Roku player.
On the Roku player or Roku TV, the Peacock app will be downloaded and installed. To access the app, simply return to the home screen by pressing the ‘Home’ button on the remote. The Peacock app will then appear with the other apps already loaded on the smartphone in the app section.
There are two ways to add an app to a Roku device, the second of which can be utilized while the Roku player or TV is not directly in front of it. Simply go to the Peacock channel page on Roku, sign in (or create an account) with your Roku credentials, and then select the ‘Add channel’ button at the top of the screen. If the customer only has one Roku device, the software will be downloaded and installed immediately. If a user has multiple Roku devices tied to the same account, the user may need to choose which device it should load the program on.
Installing Peacock TV on a Roku Device
You can also use the Roku platform’s channel shop to search for and install channels. Even if you don’t have quick accessed to your Roku or someone else is using it, you can queue any channel for download and installation using this approach.
Using the website, here’s how to get Peacock TV on your Roku:
- Go to Roku’s Channel Store with your preferred web browser and login if you haven’t already.
- Press enter after typing Peacock TV into the search field.
- Select Details from the drop-down menu.
- Click + Add channel.
- When you see it has successfully added Peacock TV to your Roku account, it implies it has correctly got the channel. It will now appear in the Roku device’s channels area.
It’s possible that a subscription is still required.
After installing Peacock on a Roku device, the user can immediately open the app and begin watching the video. Peacock has a completely free tier, so users do not have to spend anything to watch. They will, however, need to register a Peacock account if they have not previously done so in order to access the free content.
It’s also worth noting that the free Peacock tier has some limitations that will impair the entire experience. To begin with, advertisements financed the free tier. The amount of stuff available to watch on the free tier is severely limited. Customers who want access to the whole Peacock catalog, including live sports, will need to upgrade to a Premium subscription.
The regular Premium plan and the Premium Plus plan are the two primary paid plans offered by Peacock. These approaches are pretty similar, and both will open up all the content that is now available to stream. Those who want an ad-free experience will have to pay for the most expensive Premium Plus subscription. The normal Premium plan costs $4.99 per month, while Premium Plus adds $5 to the total monthly cost, bringing it to $9.99.
Is Peacock TV available on Roku?
Peacock TV offers an official Roku app that is compatible with most Roku devices and is accessible in the channel store. They may find Peacock TV in the channel shop on your Roku device, and you can also download it from the Roku website.
Peacock TV is compatible with most Roku devices, but it is incompatible with some older models. We provide a list of Roku devices that are compatible below:
- Roku 2 is the second generation of Roku (4210X model only)
- Roku 3, 4, and 5 (model 4200X or later)
- The Roku Streaming Stick: it is a technology that lets you view movies and television shows (model 3600X or later)
- Roku Express and Roku Express Plus (model 3900X or later)
- Premiere/Premiere Plus on Roku (model 3920X or later)
- Ultra/Ultra LT Roku (model 4640X or later)
- Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)