It’s natural to look for a free trial before paying a subscription fee for one of the many live TV and streaming platforms available today. Almost all live TV and streaming platforms now offer free trials to attract new customers, and Philo is one of these services.
This is one of the most affordable options for live TV and streaming services on the market right now, with a well-balanced selection of channels and perks at a very reasonable price. If you’re considering becoming a Philo customer but want to try it out first with a free trial to see what the service offers, we have all the information you’ll need.
Before we get into the meat of the matter, we should point out that the Philo live TV and streaming platform is geo-restricted. This means that it is unavailable outside of the United States, and you can only subscribe to the service, use the platform, or take advantage of its offers while you are within its borders.
Is there a free trial for Philo?
Yes, Philo currently offers a free trial. The streaming platform has a single main plan that begins with a free trial, so keep reading to learn more.
- Free trial of the Philo base plan
- Free trial of add-ons (all add-ons)
You can also sign up for a Philo account and receive a free trial via a third-party bill if you:
- Are you a Comcast customer with an eligible Xfinity Flex or X1 device
- Have an existing Roku account and a Roku device that is supported
- Have an Amazon account and a compatible Amazon device
- Have an active iTunes account and a compatible Apple TV or iOS mobile device
Take advantage of Philo’s 7-day free trial.
For new users, Philo is currently offering a 7-day free trial. To get it, go to Philo’s homepage, enter your mobile number or email address, and then click Start free trial. You are not required to provide credit card information when signing up for a phone number during the 48-hour grace period. When you use an email address, the payment information is required from the start.
If you don’t want to keep it, cancel the trial before it expires. To cancel your account, go to your Account page, click Cancel my account at the bottom of the page, and then click Submit cancellation to confirm.
How Can I Get a Free Philo Trial?
It’s easy to get one. Regardless, here’s a step-by-step guide to getting a Philo free trial. However, we should point out that it is only available to new customers.
- Begin by visiting the Philo website and creating an account.
- Now, enter your phone number or email address in the field and, if prompted, create a new password.
- To proceed to the final step, click the Start Free Trial button.
- Now you can personalize your subscription by selecting the add-ons that interest you, then scroll down to enter your payment information and click the Subscribe button.
- Check the contact information you provided for a link that was texted or emailed to you, and click on it.
- Finally, click the Confirm sign-up button.
- Finally, for the duration of the trial, you can use Philo on all of your compatible devices for free.
Philo has what kinds of channels?
- Sitcoms and dramas Channels
- Channels of Reality
- Discovery Networks
- Home and Cooking Channel
- Channels for Children
- Channels for Extras
Do you want to know how to get started with Philo TV? A mobile phone number or email address, a future payment method, a broadband internet connection, and a supported device are all required. You can also record and save your favorite shows to your DVR for up to 12 months.
What Benefits Does the Philo Free Trial Provide?
The 7-day Philo free trial allows you to try everything the service offers. This means you can thoroughly test the plan you selected on a streaming service to see if you like it. For the duration of your Philo trial, you will have access to:
- There are over 60 channels available.
- Unlimited 1-year DVR service from Starz, Epix, Cinemoi, and Crackle
- We can play three different streams and up to ten profiles at the same time.
- Watch live 720p TV and on-demand 1080p content.
You can also try three additional channel pack add-ons before adding them to your paid Philo membership: Starz, Epix, and Movies & More.
The unlimited 1-year DVR feature is ideal for use during the free trial to record shows, movies, and sports to your Philo library. Here are some of the benefits of having unlimited DVR:
- Because there is no storage limit, you can record as many programs as you want.
- Enjoy live and on-demand programs you want to watch later, based on your schedule.
- Because your membership includes up to ten accounts, you can share Philo with your family. Each family member can have their profile and personal DVR, allowing them to create a library of things to watch.
Is it possible to get a Philo free trial without using a credit card?
No, a Philo free trial is not available without a credit card. This is because you cannot subscribe to the Philo trial unless you provide a future form of payment, and the only option available is to enter your credit or debit card information.
However, keep in mind that you can cancel to avoid being charged if you believe the service is not appropriate for your needs and do not wish to subscribe.
Will the Philo Free Trial auto-renew into a subscription?
Yes, the Philo free trial automatically renews into a subscription, so when your free trial period expires, your Philo account will convert to a paid membership unless you cancel before that happens.
Mostly when signing up for a free trial, these services will request a payment method to seamlessly transition to a paid subscription after the free period expires. This means that the credit card you entered will charge the standard price for your first month of the Philo base plan, as well as any subscriptions you added to your Philo membership when you subscribed. The date your free trial expires will become your monthly billing date.
How Can I Cancel My Philo Free Trial?
If you decide Philo isn’t the streaming platform for you, you can always cancel the trial before it expires to avoid being charged for the service.
Here’s how to end your Philo free trial:
- Launch the Philo app or navigate to Philo in a web browser.
- Go to your Account page.
- At the bottom of the page, click Cancel my account.
- Then, to confirm, click Submit cancellation.
You can cancel during the 7-day free trial period and continue to watch Philo for the duration of your trial period. They save you the stress of constantly checking for the trial expiration date by allowing you to cancel ahead of time.