The number of “likes” on Instagram makes content sharing on the platform extremely competitive and difficult. Fortunately, if you’ve been wondering how to hide likes on Instagram, you no longer have to struggle with your likes phobia.
Instagram has launched a “Hide Like” function that allows users to conceal the number of likes on each post. Continue reading to learn how to conceal likes on all Instagram posts and what happens if you do so if you don’t want to see how many people have liked your posts or those of other users.
At the end of this post, you will have been equipped with basic knowledge on hiding your Instagram likes.
How to Hide Likes On Your Post
Go to “Advanced options” in the last window before publishing a post. You may turn on or off “Hide like and view counts for this post” here.
Go to the post and click on the three dots in the top right corner to enable or disable like counts for posts you’ve already published. The “Hide Like Count” option will be available to you. You should know that hiding likes do not stop other users from still liking your post. Just that, the likes count will be hidden from your followers.
On Instagram, it’s straightforward and convenient to turn off visibility from within the app on your phone.
Take the following actions to conceal all like counts on posts:
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of your Instagram profile.
- The settings menu will appear; select there.
- Enter “posts” in the top search bar, then click the first result that shows up.
- It ought to say “Posts”.
- Hide Likes and View Counts is the first option; click the slider to select it.
- This will prevent Instagram posts from having like counts displayed beneath them.
How To Hide Like On A New Post
- As you would do when making a new post, upload a picture, a video, or a reel.
- Select Advanced Settings at the bottom of the screen before sharing the post.
- Turn on the “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post” option on the Advanced Settings Page.
- Publish your draft post by going back to it.
How to Hide Past Posts’ Likes
- On the old post’s upper right corner, click the three dots.
- To hide the like count, click on ‘hide count’.
How to block likes on posts made by other Instagram users
Here is a step-by-step tutorial for hiding the like count on other people’s Instagram posts if you don’t want to see how many people have liked their posts.
- Your Instagram account’s upper right corner has three lines that you can click.
- Select Settings.
- On the Settings page, use the search bar to look for posts, then click on them when you find them.
- Activate the checkbox next to “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.”
What happens on Instagram if you hide likes
You won’t see the like count on the posts if you want to conceal likes on your Instagram post or all posts. You will simply notice a notification stating that the post was liked by a user and others.
If you Hide My likes, can people still see them?
Users who have not turned on the “Hide Likes” function on their accounts but who have liked posts from other users may still be able to view your likes and the number of likes on those posts.
They won’t see your likes, though, if they have Instagram photos with the “Hide Likes” function turned on.
Will hiding your Instagram likes have an impact on how well your posts perform?
The question is whether or not to hide. Is there truly a difference? In terms of Instagram, no.
Although you can choose to keep your likes private from other users and yourself, Instagram will still keep track of them and use them as a rating indicator.
Does the Instagram app’s ability to hide like counts apply to other areas of the platform?
Only posts on your feed are eligible for Instagram’s like count function. You can still see total like counts elsewhere if you have the feature enabled, even though you won’t see them in your homepage feed.
For instance, even though the like counts are suppressed on your main feed, the Reels tab still displays the overall number of likes.
Improve the Instagram Experience
A practical strategy to restore control over your interactions is to use Instagram’s ability to hide like counts.
Additionally, it’s a helpful tip for concealing the number of likes on your articles, especially if you’re not yet very well-known.
Hiding likes on Instagram can improve the experience and content of reading through your feed. Additionally, you are free to publish your content without worrying about being evaluated based on how many people like it. By removing the like count bias described in this post, you may embrace the likes-free Instagram experience.