It is challenging to republish someone else’s Instagram story on the platform. This is true. I could still remember how hard I kept trying to do this when I have not grasped how it is done. If you want to repost someone else’s Instagram story and you’re interested in doing so, you’ve come to the perfect place. For the benefit of our readers, we will demonstrate how to repost a story on Instagram in this article.
In 2012, Facebook launched Instagram, a free, well-liked, and social media platform for sharing images and videos. Users of Instagram can send friends private messages in addition to liking, commenting, and bookmarking other people’s posts.
It enables you to connect with businesses, famous people, influential thinkers, close friends, and more.
You can post short videos and photographs to an ever-changing “Story” on Instagram. It will be gone in 24 hours.
A slideshow of your shared images and videos serves as your story. Each Story allows you to edit photos, add filters and effects, and add stickers, time stamps, emojis, and doodles. If your account is private, only people who follow you can see your story; if it is public, anyone can see your story.
On Instagram, you may share other people’s postings as your own by reposting their stories. This applies to images and videos, whether or not you are referenced in them.
Why You Should Repost Instagram Posts Directly?
Reposting on Instagram is a great approach to capitalize on conversations that are already generating a lot of interest from your target market and followers. In that it increases both your and the original poster’s exposure, it benefits both of you.
The following are some particular advantages of reposting on Instagram:
- Create community: By praising and recognizing others, you can create a warm, active community around your business.
- Save time: This is essentially pre-made content that you can distribute in a few easy steps and that you know will perform well.
- Content diversification: Reposting naturally connects your audience with information from a variety of viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Get fresh ideas: This is a terrific technique to get inspired when your creative well is empty (although you can find dozens of ideas in our Social Media Marketing Lab).
- Develop trust: Sharing worthwhile material, not just your own, demonstrates to your audience that you are aware of their needs and have them in mind (and not just your follower count)
How to Repost an Instagram Story
In this article, we’ll show you how to repost Instagram stories directly, how to repost an Instagram story that tags you or doesn’t tag you, and how to use third-party apps to repost an Instagram photo or video.
How to Post a Story from Instagram to Your Story
Instagram makes it simple to share someone else’s Story. Whether or not you were tagged by the creator greatly influences whether you can add their Story to your own. There is no way to link the Story to yours if the user did not tag you.
However, for now, the focus is on how to post someone else’s Instagram Story, presuming you were tagged in it. There are undoubtedly more possibilities below.
- In the upper right-hand corner of Instagram, tap the “paper aircraft”.
- When you were tagged in the story, open the “tagging notification” you were sent.
- To publish the Story, as usual, choose “Add to Your Story” and then choose “Send.”
How to Share a Story with Others
Even if you weren’t tagged, you could still send another user an Instagram Story. This strategy is useful if you only want to reveal it to a certain group of friends because it doesn’t post the Story for everyone to view.
To be able to share it with someone else, the original poster must have its account set to “Public.”
Follow these steps to share an Instagram Story with another user:
- At the top of your screen, tap “Story.”
- To the right of the text box, tap the “paper airplane” icon.
- Next to each user you wish to receive the Story, tap “Send.”
All there is to it is that. If there isn’t a paper aircraft icon next to the text box, the other user either has their account set to private or hasn’t enabled sharing in their permissions.
Using the “Share to” Option, you can share Instagram Stories with others.
Instagram’s ability to share a Story link via an external program is another useful feature. For instance, you can send a link to an adorable or humorous Instagram Story to a buddy via Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram, Meta Messenger, or even the built-in “Messages” tool.
This is the procedure.
- In the upper right-hand corner, tap the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots), then tap “Instagram Story.”
- Choose “Share To…”
- Select the “application” that you want to utilize.
Instagram opens the link when your buddy taps on it, taking them straight to the Story.
How to Share and Copy Stories on Instagram
Sharing content within the Instagram app or in a separate program, such as Facebook Messenger, Twitter Direct Messages, your phone’s default messaging app, etc., is slightly different than copying other people’s Instagram Stories and sharing them with others.
Even in Windows Notepad, though it is probably not what you would do, this technique enables you to copy the link and paste it wherever you like.
The link can be pasted in a variety of places, including Facebook posts, social app communications, text, SMS, and MMS messages. This is the procedure.
- Tap the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) in the top right-hand corner of the “Instagram Story” you wish to duplicate after choosing it.
- Tap on “Copy Link.”
- Open the application you wish to use to share the link, such as Gmail, Meta (Facebook), Messenger, Twitter, Twitter Direct Message, Excel, Word, Snapchat, etc.
How to Repost an Instagram Story in Which You Were Tagging
You’ll get a notification via Instagram Direct when you’re mentioned in a story on Instagram. Fortunately, Instagram makes it simple for users of iPhone and Android to repost Instagram stories directly from the app.
Instagram enables you to do just that if you want to share that story with your followers.
The account must be public and permit sharing of its content for you to repost an Instagram story in which you were tagged.
To repost a story on Instagram in which you were mentioned,
- Launch the Instagram app
- Access Direct Messages.
- The “@username Mentioned you in their story” message should be opened.
- If you tap “Add this to your tale” on the notice, the story editor will open.
- Select “Next” after making any necessary edits to the repost.
- Next, click “Send.”