Vizio is one of the considerably trusted brands in televisions and home theater equipment, and the Vizio TVs deliver a range of smart features like pre-loaded streaming apps, voice controls, and the capacity to mirror your smartphone or tablet screens for additional ways to share music, photos, and videos.
Vizio also contains the proprietary WatchFree app with their latest models, providing over 150 free live channels for sports, news, and original content for anyone looking to cut the cord with their cable or satellite provider and move completely towards streaming.
Usually, you might choose to reset your Vizio TV when it is not operating properly. Reset is of two types the soft reset and the hard or factory reset.
The soft reset erases the temporary memory of your TV and it doesn’t affect the settings and already installed apps. On the other hand, a hard or factory reset erases all the data and restores default factory settings on your TV.
So, after completing the reset, you will have to customize all the settings along with re-installing the apps.
How to Soft Reset your Vizio TV without Remote control
A soft reset is a suitable solution to solve many issues. Conducting a soft reset is very simple. The steps can be completed in a few minutes.
- Unplug the power cable of your Vizio TV from the power outlet at the back of your TV.
- Leave it unplugged for about 60 seconds.
- Now, find the power button on the Vizio TV set, you can find it either on the front right side or on the back of the TV.
- Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable and turn on the Tv.
This method might instantly reset your Vizio TV without a remote.
How to Hard Reset/Factory Reset Vizio TV without Remote Control
If the soft reset doesn’t work, then you can choose to hard reset/ factory reset your TV. This is suggested as the last option to solve all the software-related issues such as audio-video distortion, slow response, connectivity problems, or malware.
Since you have lost your Vizio TV remote, or the remote is faulty you will need to perform the factory reset by using the physical buttons on your TV.
Typically, all Vizio TVs have 4 or 5 buttons which are located on the right side, top, or rare. Find all these buttons and follow the guidelines given below;
Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” at the same time with the “Input” buttons.
- Release the buttons after your Tv displays a dialogue box.
- Hold the input button for about 10 seconds after the Tv screen says “Reset to default”.
- Next, they will be a pop-up that “Memory is being cleared”. Wait for the reset process to finish and after that, you should reboot your TV.
Reset Your Vizio TV by Using Your Smartphone
In situations where the physical buttons on your TV are faulty or couldn’t be used to reset the Tv, you can as well use your smartphone to reset the TV.
Yes, your smartphone can serve as your TV remote control, however, your smartphone must have an IR sensor in it.
Various smartphones have an IR sensor that works just like the real remote. You just need to install a universal remote control app on your phone and you are set to reset your TV using the app.
You should make sure that your TV and smartphone are both connected to the same Wifi network. Follow the below guidelines;
- On your smartphone, go to the google play store and search for the “Mi remote controller” app.
- Install the app then launch it, you should pair it with your Vizio TV by following the steps on the screen
- Next, open the TV’s menu by clicking on the digital button in the app.
- This will display various options and settings.
- Select “System” and then “Reset and Admin” in the settings.
- Next, select the option “Reset TV to Factory Defaults”. Enter the pin if necessary then proceed to the process.
- This should take a few minutes to restore to factory settings on your TV.
It might automatically restart more than once. You have to be patient and prevent turning off the TV or pressing any of the buttons.
Reset Your Vizio TV Using the SmartCast App
There is the newest version of Vizio TV-the SmartCast TV. This TV is an ideal option for a home and offices Entertainment Experience Because it offers a lot of streaming options along with other smart and advanced features, which can be used for various purposes.
The Vizio SmartCast TV is funded by the Vizio SmartCast Android and iOS app. Your Vizio Tv can be reset using this app.
- Firstly, Go to your Google play store or App Store to download and install the SmartCast app on your smartphone.
- Then Pair it with your Vizio SmartCast TV Via Wifi.
- Open the app and locate the settings than the system then that and finally click on admin.
- Navigate to the “restore TV to default factory settings”, and scroll further to finish the reset process.
The remaining method is similar to the Mi remote app.
What steps should I take if my Vizio Tv is not working
First, try to change the battery in the remote
You can also demand a new remote control from Vizio, which is sold for a minimal fee.
Before the remote arrives, you can also download the Vizio Remote Control app that allows your smartphone serves as a remote control to operate the SmartCast system.
The Vizio Remote App is open for both Android and iOS users. make sure that your Smartphone and Vizio Tv are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
What should I do if my WIFI network Is not connecting?
The first thing to observe is if the issue comes from your TV or Wi-Fi network.
For you to do this, you will need to check if your other devices can connect to the Internet Via the router. Try to open a streaming service, such as youtube, or Netflix on a different device and check if it loads and streams appropriately.
If it couldn’t stream, the problem can be said to be your Internet connection.
Nevertheless, if your computer or smartphone can connect and stream without developing issues, then there is a great chance that you might need to troubleshoot your Vizio TV.