The Apple TV app is a streaming platform that Apple launched in November 2019. Apple TV has amassed a sizable user base in less than a year. It is a one-stop shop for streaming Apple Originals, purchasing or renting blockbuster movies, and so on.
Apple TV, unlike other Apple services, is available for other devices such as smart TVs, streaming devices such as Firestick and Roku, game consoles, and so on. Apple TV+ subscriptions begin at $4.99 per month and include a seven-day free trial. The Apple TV app is now available for select Samsung Smart TV models.
You must have an iTunes or iCloud account to use the Apple TV app on your Samsung Smart TV. You can also sync the Apple account associated with your iPhone. Only certain Samsung Smart TV models come with the Apple TV app pre-installed. If the app does not appear in the list of apps, you can screen mirror it from your iPhone.
Which Samsung TVs are compatible with the Apple TV+ app?
According to the Apple TV+ device page, the Apple TV+ software can be downloaded on the following Samsung smart TVs:
- QLED 8K Q9 and Q8 Series from Samsung (2019, 2020)
- QLED 4K Q9, Q8, Q7, and Qx Series from Samsung (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Samsung UHD 8, 7, 6, and 5 Series (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- FHD/HD 5,4 Series Samsung (2017, 2018, 2020)
- Serif Series by Samsung (2019, 2020)
- The Frame Series by Samsung (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- The Sero Series by Samsung (2019, 2020)
However, there is one thing to keep in mind. You won’t be able to receive the full Apple TV+ experience if you have a 2017 model of one of these compatible TVs. While the app has the same name and appearance, it only allows you to stream Apple TV+ movies and episodes. You can’t rent, buy, or watch material from the iTunes store or other third-party channels, as you can with Apple TV+ in other places.
Nonetheless, this is preferable to nothing. Even though Apple TV+ was released in November 2019, it took Apple over two years to release the app for older Samsung TVs. Apple should continue to improve the Apple TV+ experience on older Samsung TVs and support additional models, hopefully.
Watch Apple TV+ on a Samsung Smart TV
You don’t have to install or download the Apple TV app because it comes pre-installed on the Samsung TV.
- To open the app, navigate to the Apple TV and tap on it. The app can be found on the home screen.
- Navigate to the Settings page and select Accounts.
- Select the Sign In option from the Accounts menu.
- There are two ways to sign in. Using the iPhone and the activation code
- Scanning the QR code that shows on your TV with your iPhone is recommended.
- If you want to utilize the activation code, go to the Apple TV activation website and enter it.
- Following that, you will have access to all Apple TV content on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Install Apple TV on a Samsung TV
If you have a 2017 or 2018 Samsung TV, follow the instructions below to download Apple TV+. Check that you have completed the Apple TV+ sign-up process.
- Navigate to the App Store on your Samsung Smart TV’s Home screen.
- Find the Apple TV Plus app by searching for it.
- Choose the Apple TV+ app from the search results.
- To begin the installation, click the Add to Home button.
- After the download and installation, run the app.
- Provide the Apple TV+ login information.
- That’s it. You can now watch Apple TV+ on your Samsung Smart TV.
Using AirPlay to Use Apple TV Plus on a Samsung Smart TV
If Apple TV is not accessible on your Samsung smart TV, or if you have an older model, you can utilize this method as an alternative.
- Make sure your iPhone/iPad is on the same WiFi network as your Samsung Smart TV.
- Launch Apple TV on your iOS device and begin streaming any video titles.
- Tap the AirPlay icon on the playback screen.
- It will look for a casting device nearby. Tap on your Samsung Smart TV when it is detected.
- The video will now be displayed on your Samsung Smart TV.
Watch all Apple Originals on your Samsung TV by using the Apple TV app. If the app isn’t available, you can screen mirror it using the AirPlay capability. You can now watch some of the most popular video titles on Apple TV. Comment here with your favorite Apple Originals, you may help someone with a great series to start or look out for.
How to Restore the Apple TV App on a Samsung TV
Sometimes, Apple TV causes problems such as a black screen or an app that does not operate on Samsung TV. In this case, you should attempt each of the remedies listed below one by one.
- Examine your internet or Wi-Fi connection.
- Unplug and replug the Apple TV from the power outlet.
- Restart your Samsung Smart TV to see if the Apple TV app now works.
- You can resolve the problem by updating your Samsung Smart TV.
- Check to see if the Apple TV app has been updated. If you find it, update the app on your Samsung smart TV.
- Reset the Smart Hub to see whether Apple TV works. To do so, go to the Settings section –> Support –> Self Diagnosis –> Reset Smart Hub.
Frequently Asked Questions About Apple TV
Can you watch Apple TV on a Samsung TV?
Yes, you can. The app is only accessible for a few Samsung Smart TV models.
Why isn’t the Apple TV app available on my Samsung TV?
If you can’t find the app, it means your smart TV isn’t compatible with the Apple TV app. To screen mirror your app, follow the steps outlined here.
What should you do if you can’t find the Apple TV app on your Samsung TV?
If you can’t find the Apple TV+, navigate to the Apps area, click the Apple TV icon, and then click the Download button. You’ll find information on the Apple TV app here. When you’ve finished installing the app, it will appear on your device’s home screen.