To enable or Activate Volte on Xiaomi Redmi A2, dial * # * # 86583 # * # * and then go to Settings> SIM cards and mobile networks> SIM1 / SIM2 and here you can activate the option Use VoLTE.
Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) is a feature that allows you to make phone calls using your mobile data instead of the traditional voice network. This feature is becoming increasingly popular as it allows for clearer calls and faster call setup times. In this blog post, we will show you how to enable VoLTE on Xiaomi devices.
Does Xiaomi Redmi A2 Support Volte
Before we begin, it’s important to note that VoLTE is a carrier-dependent feature, which means that it can only be used if your carrier supports it. Additionally, not all Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco phones support this feature, so it’s best to check with your carrier to see if your specific phone model is compatible.
How to Enable Volte on Xiaomi Redmi A2
Step 1: Check for software updates
Before you attempt to enable VoLTE, it’s important to make sure that your phone is running the latest software. To check for updates, go to the “Settings” app, then tap on “About phone” and select “Software update.” If an update is available, download and install it before proceeding.
Step 2: Enable VoLTE in your phone’s settings
To enable VoLTE, go to the “Settings” app, then tap on “SIM cards & mobile networks.” Next, select the SIM card that you want to use for VoLTE, and toggle on the “VoLTE” option. This should enable the feature on your phone, but keep in mind that it might take a few minutes for the changes to take effect.
Step 3: Check if your carrier supports VoLTE
Even if you have enabled VoLTE on your phone, it may not work if your carrier does not support the feature. To check if your carrier supports VoLTE, contact them or visit their website. They should be able to tell you if the feature is available in your area.
Step 4: Make a test call
Once you have completed the above steps, you should be able to make a test call to see if VoLTE is working properly. To make a test call, dial a phone number as you normally do. If the call connects using VoLTE, you should see an “HD” or “VoLTE” icon on your phone’s screen.
- Make sure to restart your phone after enabling the VoLTE option, this helps in connecting the phone to the VoLTE network.
- In some cases, even if the carrier supports VoLTE, the phone’s firmware might not support it. Hence, check for any updates that might have fixed this issue.
- Check if your SIM card is inserted correctly, as this can also cause issues with connecting to the VoLTE network.
In conclusion, enabling VoLTE on Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco phones is a straightforward process. However, it’s important to note that this feature is carrier-dependent and not all phones support it. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you should be able to enable VoLTE on your phone and enjoy more explicit calls and faster call setup times.
Xiaomi Redmi A2 VoLTE Not Working
If you are experiencing issues with VoLTE not working on your Xiaomi Redmi A2, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:
- Check your SIM card: Make sure that your SIM card is inserted correctly and that it is activated for VoLTE services. Contact your carrier if you’re not sure.
- Check for software updates: Go to the “Settings” app, then tap on “About phone” and select “Software update.” If an update is available, download and install it.
- Check carrier settings: Contact your carrier and make sure that they support VoLTE in your area and that your account is set up correctly.
- Check the phone settings: Go to “Settings” > “SIM cards & mobile networks” and make sure that VoLTE is enabled for the SIM card you are using.
- Restart your phone: Sometimes, a simple restart of your phone can fix the issue.
- Check the firmware version of your phone: Go to “Settings” > “About phone” > “MIUI version” and make sure that your firmware version is up to date.
- Reset network settings: Go to “Settings” > “Additional settings” > “Backup & reset” > “Reset network settings“
- Check the bands: Check if your phone supports the VoLTE band that your carrier is using.
If none of these steps work, it is possible that there may be a hardware issue with your phone, and you may need to contact Poco customer service.