FRP lock, or Factory Reset Protection, is a security feature that prevents unauthorized users from resetting their Samsung phones and accessing their data. When you reset your Samsung phone, you will be asked to enter the Google account that was previously synced with the phone. If you do not know the Google account password, you will not be able to bypass the FRP lock.
And you clicking this article means something went wrong with your Samsung phone, maybe you forgot your Google account credentials. In this guide, we will be looking at various ways to bypass FRP on Samsung phones with or without a PC.
Supported Samsung Galaxy Device
- Samsung Galaxy F34
- Samsung Galaxy F32
- Samsung Galaxy F31
- Samsung Galaxy F30
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Z Fold 3
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 2
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy M34
- Samsung Galaxy M33
- Samsung Galaxy M32
- Samsung Galaxy M31
- Samsung Galaxy M30
- Samsung Galaxy F54
- Samsung Galaxy F53
- Samsung Galaxy F52
- Samsung Galaxy F51
- Samsung Galaxy F50
- Samsung Galaxy A24
- Samsung Galaxy A23
- Samsung Galaxy A22
- Samsung Galaxy A22
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- Samsung Galaxy F14
- Samsung Galaxy F13
- Samsung Galaxy F12
- Samsung Galaxy F11
- Samsung Galaxy F10
- Samsung Galaxy M54
- Samsung Galaxy M53
- Samsung Galaxy M52
- Samsung Galaxy M51
- Samsung Galaxy M50
- Samsung Galaxy A54
- Samsung Galaxy A53
- Samsung Galaxy A52
- Samsung Galaxy A51
- Samsung Galaxy A50
- Samsung Galaxy A34
- Samsung Galaxy A33
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy A31
- Samsung Galaxy A30
- Samsung Galaxy M14
- Samsung Galaxy M13
- Samsung Galaxy M12
- Samsung Galaxy M11
- Samsung Galaxy M10
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S23
- Samsung Galaxy S23 FE
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy A14
- Samsung Galaxy A13
- Samsung Galaxy A12
- Samsung Galaxy A11
- Samsung Galaxy A10
- Samsung Galaxy F04
- Samsung Galaxy F03
- Samsung Galaxy F02
- Samsung Galaxy F01
- Samsung Galaxy A04e
- Samsung Galaxy A03e
- Samsung Galaxy A02
- Samsung Galaxy A04s
- Samsung Galaxy A03s
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover 6
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3
- Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2.
Methods for Bypassing FRP on Samsung Phones
Now below we are going to be looking at various ways to bypass FRP on Samsung Phones with or without a PC.
How To Bypass FRP without a PC on Samsung Phones
Method 1: Using an OTG Cable
This is a popular method for bypassing FRP without a PC, by using OTG Cable. You can utilize an OTG (On-The-Go) cable to connect a USB drive with the necessary files to your Samsung phone.
Follow the steps below to use an OTG Cable
- Connect the OTG cable to your phone and a USB drive containing the required APK files.
- Install the APK files to launch the Google Account Manager and BypassFRP applications.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a new Google account and bypass FRP.
Method 2: Using Google Account Credentials
This is a common way to bypass or rather unlock FRP without a PC but if you haven’t forgotten your Google account credentials, maybe the problem with why you can’t bypass FRP is something else, You can try using your Google Credentials.
Follow these steps to use Google Account Credentials;
- After a factory reset, follow the on-screen setup until you reach the Google Account verification step.
- Enter your Google account credentials, and the FRP lock will be removed.
Method 3: Using Google account recovery
This method is also a popular way of bypassing FRP without a PC but you have to know the Google account password that was previously synced with your Samsung phone. You can use this method if you still remember the password or try another method if not.
Follow these steps to use Google Account Recovery;
- On the FRP lock screen, tap on “Forgot password?”
- Enter the Google account email address and password.
- Click on “Sign in”.
How To Reset Your Google Account Password To Bypass FRP
If you’ve forgotten your Google Account password, you can also try resetting it.
Follow the steps below to reset your Google Account Password
- On the FRP lock screen, tap on the “Forgot password?” link. You will be taken to a page where you can enter the email address of the Google account that was previously synced with your phone.
- Enter the email address and click on “Next“.
- You will be sent a password reset link to your email address.
- Open the email and click on the password reset link.
- You will be taken to a page where you can create a new password for your Google account.
- Create a new password and click on “Reset password“.
- You will now be able to sign in to your Google account and bypass the FRP lock.
- Before you begin, you must make sure you have access to the email address that was previously synced with your phone.
- If you do not have access to the email address, you will not be able to reset the password and bypass the FRP lock.
- This method may not work if you have factory reset your phone multiple times.
Method 4: Using the emergency call method
You can try this method, it’s an easy way of bypassing FRP on your Samsung Phone. All you have to do is;
- On the FRP lock screen, tap on the emergency call icon.
- Dial **#0*#**.
- This will open the diagnostic menu.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll down to “Reset FRP” and press the Power button to select it.
- Your phone will reboot and the FRP lock will be bypassed.
- This method only works on some Samsung phones.
- If you do not have a SIM card in your phone, you will not be able to use this method.
- This method may not work if you have factory reset your phone multiple times.
Method 5: Using the reset button method
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until your phone enters recovery mode.
- Use the Volume buttons to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset” and press the Power button to select it.
Use the Volume buttons to scroll down to “Yes” and press the Power button to select it.
- Your phone will reboot and the FRP lock will be bypassed
This method is only available on some Samsung phones (Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10e, Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2, Samsung Galaxy S21, Samsung Galaxy S21+, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3)
Or you can check with your phone’s manufacturer to see if it is supported.
How To Bypass FRP with a PC
Method 1: Using FRP Removal Tools
With a PC, you can use FRP removal tools to bypass FRP on your Samsung phone.
Follow the steps below to use the FRP Removal Tool to bypass FRP
- Download and install an FRP removal tool on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Follow the tool’s on-screen instructions to bypass FRP.
Method 2: Using Odin Tool
ODIN is a flashing tool that can be used to flash firmware images on Samsung phones. To use ODIN to bypass FRP lock, you will need to download the latest ODIN firmware for your phone model. You can find the firmware on the Samsung website.
Once you have downloaded the firmware, follow these steps to bypass FRP;
- Download and install Odin on your computer.
- Download the required firmware and flash it onto your Samsung device.
- The FRP lock will be bypassed during the flashing process.
Necessary Precautions To Take While Using These Methods
1. Risks and Consequences of FRP Bypass
You need to understand the risks associated with FRP bypass. Bypassing FRP can lead to data loss, voiding of warranties, and even legal consequences in some regions.
2. Legal Implications
Depending on your location, bypassing FRP may be illegal. Always check your local laws and regulations before attempting to bypass FRP.
3. Warnings About Potential Scams
Be careful of websites or services that claim to offer FRP bypass solutions for a fee. Many of these are scams that can compromise your device or personal information.
We hope this article was of great help to me. These methods are proven to work well but If you are unable to bypass FRP lock on your own, you can always take your phone to a repair shop for help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is it legal to bypass FRP on Samsung phones?
The legality of FRP bypass varies by location. Always check your local laws before attempting to bypass FRP.
- What risks are involved in FRP bypass?
Risks associated with FRP Bypass include data loss, warranty voiding, and potential legal consequences.
- Can FRP bypass methods work on all Samsung models?
Methods may vary depending on the model and Android version, so not all methods are universal.
- What should I do if the bypassing process fails?
If the primary methods fail, consult troubleshooting guides or consider seeking professional assistance.
- How can I protect my Samsung phone from unauthorized access?
Ensure you remember your Google account credentials, set up a secure screen lock, and enable Find My Device for added security.
- What is the purpose of FRP lock?
FRP lock is a security feature that prevents unauthorized users from resetting your Samsung phone and accessing your data. This is important to protect your personal information, such as your contacts, photos, and passwords.
- How do I know if my Samsung phone has FRP lock enabled?
You can check if your Samsung phone has FRP lock enabled by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > Accounts and Backup> Accounts.
- Tap on the Google account that is synced with your phone.
- Scroll down and look for the “Factory reset protection” option. If the toggle switch is turned on, then the FRP lock is enabled.
- What happens if I forget the Google account password for my Samsung phone?
If you forget the Google account password for your Samsung phone, you will not be able to bypass the FRP lock. You will need to contact Google to reset your password.
- Is there a way to bypass FRP lock without a PC?
Yes, there are a few ways to bypass FRP lock without a PC. One way is to use the emergency call method. Another way is to use a Samsung FRP bypass tool.