LG Smart TV runs webOS and includes the LG Content Store for downloading streaming apps and games. It makes use of IPS Display to improve color and Dolby Audio for a more immersive streaming experience. The multitasking feature allows the user to watch movies while also browsing the internet. Electronic devices can be damaged or malfunction at any time.
If you are experiencing problems with your LG Smart TV, you can reset it to factory settings. The reset option will completely remove all login information for all apps and stored content. Upon resetting, you must set up the LG TV from the beginning to select the language, country, and region.
Enter your WiFi password and app login information. It can repair the TV’s technical problems and resume video streaming as usual. Upon resetting, you must set up the LG TV from the beginning to select the language, country, and region.
Enter your WiFi password and app login information.
It can repair the TV’s technical problems and resume video streaming as usual.
How to Reset an LG Smart TV Without Using a Remote
If your LG Remote control is not functioning, you can reset it using the buttons on the LG TV. For ten seconds, press and hold the Power button on the LG TV.
You will be taken to the reset screen. Otherwise, use the joystick key to access the LG TV Settings menu and reset it. When there is no picture on the LG TV, you can use this reset method.
Reset LG TV Without Using the LG ThinQ App
To reset the TV, you can also use the LG TV Remote app.
Connect your LG television and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
- On your Android mobile, download the LG ThinQ app from the Google Playstore.
- The app is also available on the App Store for iOS devices.
- Navigate to Home Appliances in the LG ThinQ app.
- Enter the pairing code for your LG Smart TV.
- You will now see the remote control buttons.
- Navigate to General Settings by clicking the Settings icon.
- To reset the TV, select the Reset to Preliminary Settings section.
How to Reset Your LG Smart TV Without the need for a Password
If You may be prompted to enter the password while resetting the LG Smart TV. If you forget your password, you must first reset it and then reset it again. To change the password,
- Select Advanced Settings from the Settings menu.
- Click the Safety option and then the Reset Password option.
- Now, on the remote, press the Channel Up button twice, the Channel Down button once, and the Channel Up button once.
- Enter 0313 or 0325 in the dialog box.
- Enter 0000 in the next dialog box
- You will then be directed to the password reset screen. Set a new password and repeat the above-mentioned reset steps.
As a result, we’ve seen a variety of methods for resetting the LG Smart TV to factory settings.
You must reset the smart TV if you intend to sell it online or give it to friends or family.
If you have any questions about resetting the LG TV, please leave them in the comments.
How do I reset my LG smart television?
To perform an LG Tv hard reset, follow the steps outlined below:
- First and foremost, turn on the LG smart Tv.
- Simply press the “Home” button on the TV remote.
- After that, you must access the “TV” menu options.
- On your TV screen, select the “Settings” icon.
- Select the “General” options from the settings menu.
- Select the “Reset to initial settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, you will see an alert message with a “Confirm Reset” button.
- You must now enter the “TV reset password” to reset your television.
- To reset the TV, press the “Confirm Reset” button and enter the “TV reset password.”
What are the steps for performing a soft reset on an LG television?
There are several methods for performing an LG tv soft reset.
Some of the methods are as follows:
- Simply press and hold the “OK” button for a few seconds to reset the LG tv with the TV remote and TV panel, and your device will begin the factory reset process.
- In a few seconds, tap and hold the “Menu” button on the LG smart TV remote and the “Menu” button on the TV.
- The reset LG television will display a four-digit password on the screen.
- Enter the LG service menu pin or password codes before pressing the “OK” button.
Remote Control (Universal)
The goal of a universal remote control is to make it simple to use for everyone. It can be designed to work with one or more pieces of electrical equipment. Is a universal remote compatible with LG televisions? Yes. The first step is to program the LG TV’s universal remote.
Enter the five-digit LG television code to do so. There are three possibilities: 11423, 10178, and 11178. You can easily reset your TV after connecting the universal remote.
Follow the same steps as if you were using the original LG remote control. To reset the LG TV, use a universal remote.
- Navigate to your TV’s menus and select “Settings.”
- Select the General tab.
- Return to the default configuration.
To use a universal remote to control a variety of electrical equipment, such as your LG TV.
Even if you don’t need to control much electrical equipment, a new remote control purchased directly from the company (LG) is reasonably priced; a factory remote control costs only $20.
Commonly Asked Questions
Is the LG TV equipped with a reset button?
To rest LG TV picture and audio settings with a reset button, reset the settings and press and hold the “OK” button on the TV for about five seconds. This will complete a soft reset for the LG tv completely without interruptions.
If I don’t have a remote, how do I reset my LG TV?
Using a few tricks, you can reset and remove the lock on some smart TVs without using a remote.
Simply hold down the power button for five seconds, and the television will restart itself.
If the lock remains on, unplug the TV and remove the battery from the TV panel.
How do you reprogramme the LG TV remote?
To reset the LG TV remote, simply press and hold the “Back” and “Home” buttons for about five seconds to unregister the LG TV remote.
A red LED indicator light will illuminate once the remote has been unregistered and reset. To re-register the remote, simply press the “Ok” button.