Who wouldn’t want to invest in large-cap stocks like Amazon, Google +, Netflix, and other more appealing portfolios? Stash has amassed over 5 million clients since its inception in 2015. And they have worked tirelessly to make all of their investment instruments as safe as possible for their subscribers. Their investment plans range from $5 to $9 per month, with promising returns subject to market risks.
After experimenting with Stash, you may get the impression that you can handle your investment strategy without the use of a broker app. And, now and then, it’s a good idea to take a few safe investment risks.
Are you tired of using your Stash account and want to cancel (close) or even deactivate it? If this is the case, don’t worry because you’ve come to the right place to learn how to cancel (close) or even deactivate your account.
There are several reasons why you might want to delete your Stash account, one of which is the company’s email spamming.
How to Cancel a Stash Account as a Beginner or as a Grower on the Website?
- Log in to your Stash account by visiting the Stash website.
- Tap on your name, which should be visible on the screen.
- Click on Subscription.
- Finally, click the Close my Stash button to end the process.
Please note that account deletion takes approximately 10 working days to complete.
Federal holidays are not included in this list.
Once completed, you will receive an email confirming the deletion of your account.
How Do I Remove My Stash+ Account From the Website?
- Goto your Stash profile by opening the Manage User account in your web browser.
- In this step, you must choose between personal and retirement portfolios which the portfolio best suits your needs.
- Next, select Close account and answer the questions that appear on your screen.
- Then, on the left side of your screen, look for Subscriptions and select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Finally, scroll down the page and click the button labeled “Close my Stash for Good.”
How Do I Contact Customer Service to Close My Stash Account?
- Open Stash on your browser and click on the Contact Support page.
- Give them all of your account information and ask them to cancel your subscription before the next billing date.
What is the best way to cancel my Stash subscription via email?
- Make a new email with the subject “Account cancellation or deletion” as the subject. Now, send the mail to [email protected] with your message.
- Include all the details in the email, and then request that they delete the Stash subscription before the next billing cycle begins.
How do I cancel my Stash Account or subscription over the phone?
- Contact: Stash customer service at 800-205-5164.
- Provide customer service with all account information and request that your Stash subscription is terminated.
Making a Stash Account Transfer
You can use the Automated Customer Account Transfer (ACAT) service to simply transfer your Stash brokerage account to another firm. To complete this e-transfer, begin at the broker to whom you want to transfer and select Apex Clearing Corporation as the outgoing broker. This is Stash’s cleaning company. When completing the online transfer form, enter the account number from your Stash account statement.
Before you can begin the transfer application, you must first open a matching account with the new broker. Both accounts must be of the same type (individual, IRA, etc.) and bear the same name.
It’s worth noting that Stash charges a $75 outgoing transfer fee. Ally Invest will reimburse you up to $75 of the ACAT fee if you transfer your account to them (a minimum $2,500 account balance is required).
How to Remove a Stash Account from an App
Take the following steps:
- Select Home at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the icon in the upper left corner (iOS – Initials or image | Android – Hamburger symbol).
- Click on Subscription.
- Select Manage.
- Finally, tap on Permanently Close My Stash.
Your request to close your account may take up to 10 business days to complete. Monday through Friday are business days. Weekends and federal holidays are not considered working days.
How to Close a Custodial Account at Stash
If you have a Stash custodial account or want to cancel certain services available through your subscription, you must contact their customer service for assistance. The following methods can be used to contact Stash customer service:
Support can be reached via email at [email protected] or by phone at 800-205-5164.
What to Consider When Cancelling Stash Subscriptions
When you cancel Stash, the app will sell all of your investments and return the funds to your linked account.
The money in your Stash Bank will not vanish after cancellation, and you can transfer it to an external account or use the provided debit card until the balance reaches zero.
If you received paychecks through Stash direct deposit, you must notify your employer of your intention to close your Stash account on time.
Closing your Retirement portfolio for Stash+ users too soon may result in IRS penalties.
Even after the account is closed, Stash will send you an email with a link to download any relevant tax documents.
FAQ: Frequently Ask Questions About Stash
Is it possible to close my Stash Account at any time?
Yes. Please contact the support team at
How do I cancel my Stash membership?
You can cancel your subscription from your web account if you want to do so permanently. There is no option to close an account directly from the app.
What if I close my Stash Account?
All of your investments will be sold if you decide to close your Stash Account. Stash will refund your money to the bank account you previously linked to Stash. This refund will be deposited into your bank account within two business days.
Why am I unable to close my Stash Account?
Stash does not currently allow you to cancel your monthly plan through the app. If you want to close your account, you can do so from your account on the web.
How do I disconnect my bank account from my stash?
When you’re ready to unlink your bank account, send a message to its support team requesting that they do so.