WiFi calling is a function that allows you to make and receive phone calls using a Wi-Fi network instead of a cellular network. This is beneficial if you are in an area with poor cellular coverage or if you want to reduce your data consumption. If you own a Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone, you may ask how to activate Wi-Fi calling.
Most SIM cards provide a Wi-Fi calling option. However, if you can’t locate it there, you can enable it by entering *#*#869434#*#* on your dial pad or phone all. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to enable Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone.
Examining Wi-Fi Calling Support
Before you can enable Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone, make sure it supports the feature. Most Xiaomi, Poco, and Redmi phones released in recent years enable Wi-Fi calling, but it’s advisable to double-check your device’s specifications to make sure.
Go to “Settings,” then “Network & Internet,” and then “SIM cards & mobile network” to see if your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone supports Wi-Fi calling. If your device supports Wi-Fi calling, see a “Wi-Fi calling” or “VoWiFi” option.
Activating Wi-Fi Calling
You can enable WiFi calling once you’ve confirmed that your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone supports it. The procedure for activating Wi-Fi calling varies significantly based on the device and version of Android you’re using, but the general procedures are:
- Navigate to “Settings,” then “Network & Internet,” and finally “SIM cards & mobile network.”
- Locate and enable the “Wi-Fi calling” or “VoWiFi” option.
- Set up Wi-Fi calling on your device by following the on-screen directions.
After you’ve done these steps, Wi-Fi calls on your Xiaomi or Poco, or it should enable the Redmi phone. As long as you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll be able to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi.
Making a Wi-Fi Call
Making a Wi-Fi call on your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone is the same as making a normal call. When you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll see a Wi-Fi icon in your device’s status bar. To make a Wi-Fi call, launch your phone app and dial the number as you would normally. It will rout automatically the call over the Wi-Fi network.
Xiaomi Wi-Fi Calling Doesn’t Work
There are various measures you may do if you’re having problems with Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi phone. Here are some typical solutions:
- Examine for software updates: Ensure that your gadget is running the most recent software. By navigating to “Settings,” selecting “Software update,” and then checking for updates, you can check for software updates.
- Examine your Wi-Fi connection: Confirm that it linked your device to a robust and stable Wi-Fi network. If you’re having problems, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.
- Examine your carrier’s support: Check to see whether your carrier offers Wi-Fi calling and if they enable it on your account. For further information, contact your carrier.
- Disable battery optimization: The battery optimization feature on some Xiaomi devices may interfere with Wi-Fi calling. To turn off this functionality, go to “Settings,” then “Battery,” and finally “Battery optimization.” Locate the “Phone” app and choose “Don’t optimize.”
- Clear app cache and data: If you’re still having difficulties with Wi-Fi calling, try cleaning the “Phone” app’s cache and data. Go to “Settings,” then “Apps,” then “Phone,” and then “Storage.” Then click the “Clear cache” and “Clear data” buttons.
- Factory reset: If none of the preceding methods work, you can try a factory reset. This will delete all data from your device, so make a backup before starting. Navigate to “Settings,” then “Additional settings,” and finally “Backup & reset.” Select “Factory data reset” and follow the directions on the screen.
You should be able to resolve any Wi-Fi calling troubles on your Xiaomi phone by following these steps. If you’re still having problems, contact Xiaomi customer service for help.
Tips for Getting the Best Results
Here are a few pointers to help you get the most out of Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone:
- Check that it linked your device to a reliable and stable Wi-Fi network.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks since they may be insecure or have sluggish connections.
- Try rebooting your device or connecting to a new Wi-Fi network if you’re experiencing problems establishing a Wi-Fi call.
If you live in a location with poor cellular coverage, you can improve call quality by using Wi-Fi calling.
By following these guidelines, you can get the most out of Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone.
Wi-Fi calling is a useful function that allows you to make and receive phone calls while connected to a Wi-Fi network. You can quickly activate Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone by following the steps stated in this blog post. By using Wi-Fi calling, you may increase call quality in places with poor cellular coverage while also saving data. Simply make sure your gadget supports Wi-Fi calling and you’re connected to a robust and stable Wi-Fi network.
Overall, enabling Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone is a simple operation that can improve your calling experience significantly. So, if you haven’t already, give it a shot and see what you think.
If you encounter any problems during setup or use, please contact customer service or see the device’s user manual for further information. You’ll be able to get the most out of Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi, Poco, or Redmi phone in no time with these tips and tricks.