Wireless charging has become a popular feature on smartphones, and the Samsung Galaxy line of phones is no exception. With the ability to charge your phone simply by placing it on a charging pad, wireless charging can make your life a little more convenient. Here’s everything you need to know about enabling wireless charging on your Samsung Galaxy phone, including some helpful tips and information about upcoming features.
Wireless Charging Basics
Before you can start wirelessly charging your Samsung Galaxy phone, you’ll need to make sure that your phone is compatible with wireless charging. Most newer Samsung Galaxy phones, such as the S21, S20, S10, and Note 20, support wireless charging. You’ll also need to purchase a wireless charging pad that supports the Qi wireless charging standard.
These can be found by a variety of manufacturers and can be purchased from most electronics retailers.
Once you have a compatible phone and a wireless charging pad, you can start wirelessly charging your phone by placing it on the pad. Make sure that your phone is properly aligned on the pad and that there are no obstructions between the phone and the pad. Your phone should start charging right away, and you’ll be able to see the charging status on your phone’s display.
To enable wireless charging on Samsung Galaxy phones, follow these steps:
- Make sure your phone is placed on a wireless charging pad or stand that is compatible with your device.
- Ensure that your phone is not in a case or cover that would prevent it from charging wirelessly.
- Press and hold the power button on your phone to access the power menu.
- Look for the wireless charging icon and tap it to turn it on.
- If the wireless charging icon is not visible, go to settings > battery > more battery settings > wireless charging to turn it on.
- Once the wireless charging icon appears on the screen, place your phone on the wireless charging pad or stand.
Note that not all Samsung Galaxy phones have wireless charging capabilities, so ensure that your device is equipped with wireless charging before following these steps.
Helpful Tips for Wireless Charging
There are a few things you can do to make sure that your phone is charging as efficiently as possible:
- Use a high-quality wireless charging pad. Not all wireless charging pads are created equal, and some may charge your phone more slowly than others. Look for a pad that supports fast charging and that has been designed to work well with your phone.
- Keep your phone case on. You can leave your phone case on while you’re charging it wirelessly, as long as the case is not made of metal or does not interfere with the charging process.
- Avoid using your phone while it’s charging. Using your phone while it’s charging can slow down the charging process and may cause your phone to heat up.
Use Samsung’s Wireless PowerShare to Help Charge Your Accessories
One of the unique features of Samsung Galaxy phones is the ability to use Wireless PowerShare to charge other devices. This feature allows you to charge other Qi-compatible devices, such as wireless earbuds or a smartwatch, by placing them on the back of your phone.
To use Wireless PowerShare, open the settings app on your phone and tap on the “Device care” option. From there, tap on the “Battery” option and then toggle on the “Wireless PowerShare” option. Once you’ve done that, you can place a compatible device on the back of your phone and it will start charging.
Upcoming Features for Samsung Wireless Charging
Samsung is always working on new features and improvements for its wireless charging capabilities. One of the most exciting upcoming features is the ability to charge multiple devices at the same time, which will allow you to charge your phone, earbuds, and smartwatch all at the same time. Additionally, Samsung may also bring fast charging to the wireless charging pad, so you can charge your phone faster.
Wireless charging is a convenient way to charge your Samsung Galaxy phone, and with the help of Wireless PowerShare, you can also charge other devices. As always, Samsung is working on new features to make the wireless charging process even better, so stay tuned for upcoming developments.
How to Turn on Wireless Charging on Samsung a21s
To turn on wireless charging on a Samsung A21s, follow these steps:
- Make sure your phone is running the latest software update.
- Place the phone on a wireless charging pad or dock that is compatible with the device.
- If the phone does not start charging automatically, go to the settings menu, select “Battery,” and turn on the “Fast wireless charging” option.
It is important to note that your phone’s battery must have at least a 30% charge for wireless charging to work. Also, it is recommended to use an official Samsung wireless charger for the best performance.
How do I Turn on Wireless Charging
To turn on wireless charging on your device, first ensure that it is compatible with wireless charging technology. Then, place the device on a wireless charging pad or dock that is connected to a power source. Some devices may require you to enable wireless charging in the device’s settings before it will begin charging. If you are unsure of how to do this, please consult your device’s user manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
Steps to turn on wireless charging on your device:
- Check that your device is compatible with wireless charging technology.
- Place the device on a wireless charging pad or dock that is connected to a power source.
- Check the device’s settings, and look for the wireless charging option.
- Enable the wireless charging option if necessary.
- Wait for the device to begin charging. Note: If you are having trouble with wireless charging, consult your device’s user manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.